Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

A Word on Working in Restaurants

Tip well! My past jobs included being a waitress and a bartender. It is hard work although it may not look like it. After I stopped waitressing I had dreams for months that I had too many tables and couldn't handle it. One time I spilled pork tenderloin and fried shrimp on a pregnant woman. It is stressful. People aren't always nice and they don't all tip well. Working in restaurants is the reason I am a great tipper to this day. Make sure you don't ignore the wait staff when they are talking, be nice, and treat them like a fellow human being. And for God's sake, if you have any decency, do not ask for separate checks! 

Enjoy your food.