Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Burnt Pan Fix



       
I recently discovered an easy, effective, and sort of fun way to clean my burnt Revere Ware stainless steel pan. (The casualty was a batch of rice.) I did some research to come up with the best way to clean it, and learned this method will also clean my Le Creuset cookware. 
                                
You'll need:  a wooden spoon, bottle of hydrogen peroxide, & 1/4 cup of baking soda.

Pour 1/2" of hydrogen peroxide into the burnt pan and add the baking soda. Heat the pan to high heat. You'll start to see burnt bits floating to the top. Stir the mixture occasionally with a wooden spoon. Boil for about 5 mintues or until the mixture looks foamy. Gently scrape the bottom of the pan to get any extra tough spots.

Turn off the stove, remove pan from heat, and let sit for 15-30 minutes, depending on how burnt the pan is. Scrape the bottom of pan again with the wooden spoon. Rinse the pan and run through dishwasher or clean well before using again.

Voila! Below are my Revere Ware & Le Creuset cookware "after" photos: