Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Dad's Hummus

Hummus is SO easy to make at home. This is my Dad's recipe.

1 can garbanzo beans, drained (reserve 2 TBSP of liquid)
4 cloves raw garlic or 12 cloves roasted garlic
juice of 1 lemon
2 TBSP Aji Sesame Oil (see note)

If using raw garlic, place it in the food processor until well blended, then add other ingredients. If using roasted garlic, place all ingredients together in the food processor (including 2 TBSP garbanzo liquid) and blend until smooth.  Refrigerate for one hour.

NOTE: One type of sesame oil contains pepper sauce. If you cannot find it, use regular sesame oil and ¼ - ½ tsp cayenne pepper.