Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

People we work with sometimes like to bring food to share and this is usually a good thing. And, have you ever noticed it's a great way to quickly get rid of food. For instance, the three dozen chocolate chip cookies you just made but don't really want sitting around the house. They go to the coworkers. I used to work with someone who brought this oh-so-moist and tasty banana bread to the hungry coworkers. This is one of the best banana bread recipes I've ever had and I make it all the time. It's hearty and sticks with you. I have a freezer full of individual slices and it's delicious toasted, and topped with real butter. 
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas 
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/3 cup hot water

Preheat oven to 325. After the butter cools for a few minutes, pour it into the sugar in a large bowl. Mix on medium with an electric mixer. Add in eggs and banana, blending on a higher speed until smooth. Add the flour/s, baking soda, and salt to the banana mixture and mix on medium-high until well blended. Pour in the hot water and mix again until blended in. Pour batter into a 9" x 5" greased loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let the bread cool before you slice it up.