Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Bubbly Sangria Punch

I was at a party recently where sangria was served. I had forgotten how good it was. 
I dug through my stash of recipes and found this one:

2 oranges, sliced
2 lemons, sliced
2 limes, sliced
2 bottles of rose or Burgundy wine
1/4 cup brandy
1/2 oz. triple sec
2 dashes Rose's Lime Juice
1/4 cup sugar
28 oz. club soda, chilled

In a large pitcher, combine sliced fruit, wine, brandy, triple sec, lime juice, & sugar. Refrigerate overnight. Before serving, add chilled club soda and stir gently. Now go kick back on the lounge chair. Cheers!