Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Mom's Green Chili Cheese Bars

If you've been good all week and have room for some calories, try these cheese bars. Or, use low-fat cheese and light sour cream to help a bit.

Ingredients:
8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
12 oz. monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 7 oz. can green chilies
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons flour
2 eggs

In an 8 x 8 pan, layer the two cheeses. Combine sour cream, flour, and eggs and spread over the cheese. Spread the chilies over the top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.