Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Homemade Garlic Aioli

What could be better than garlic mayo? This recipe is from Chef Emeril Lagasse.

Ingredients:
1 large egg
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
juice of one lemon
salt
freshly ground white pepper
1 cup vegetable oil

Combine first 4 ingredients in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. With the food processor running, add the oil in a steady stream until the mixture is pale in color and thick. Remove from processor and put in fridge for one hour.