Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Mama's Low-Fat Key Lime Pie


Indescribably delicious! This sweet, tart pie is very easy to throw together. 

Crust:
1 package cinnamon graham crackers crumbs, crushed
1 tablespoon butter, melted
"some" sugar (~2 tablespoons)

Mix together and press into pie plate.

Filling:
1 8oz. package fat free cream cheese
1 can Eagle Brand fat free condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice (key lime juice in a bottle can be used)

Beat the ingredients in a mixer for 2-3 minutes or until lumps are dissolved. Pour into pie crust, cover, and chill for at least 4 hours. You can freeze this pie but there probably won't be any left over.