Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Dutch Country Farmers Market

The Dutch Country Farmers Market in Maryland is fabulous and fun. I love this place. It's a restaurant on one side and an indoor farmers market on the other. You pay for your purchases in each department and remember to take a number.

Stroll down the aisle to find a gigantic cheese department. Samples of their unique cheeses are offered to customers. Close by, a large deli and a ready to eat smoked meat department. Ribs, chicken, turkey, wings (I tasted a sample of baby back ribs-yum). Then, I saw the largest fresh meat department I've ever seen before. They have everything! Grass fed, antibiotic free, and much more. Across the aisle is the colorful produce department that looks like a beautiful rainbow.

Next up is the candy-you-have-not-seen-since-you-were-a-kid department. This section also includes chocolate--I saw chocolate s'mores 3" tall. The bulk foods department includes cereals, flours, grains, soup mixes, pasta and more.
Spices


Around the corner is the huge, beautiful, spice section. I wanted to buy one of everything but it simply would not fit in my kitchen. 



Bakery
Can we talk bakery? The photo shows only one-third of the offerings. It is amazing and there are so many choices it will make your head spin. A wide variety of fresh breads and sweets. Your willpower will be tested.

Dutch Country Farmers Market: a treat for the senses!