Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Ingrid's 4 Ingredient Balsamic Dressing

Oh, it's good to meet fellow foodies at summer parties.

3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons hot water
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

salad greens
freshly grated parmesean cheese

Add sugar to hot water. Stir or shake to dissolve.  I like to make this in a glass jar, and I often double the recipe.  Add balsamic. Shake again.  Taste to make sure it's smooth/balanced.  Stir and let sit a minute or two. Add 1.5 tablespoons olive oil.  Shake and pour on
to your favorite salad greens.  Freshly shaved parmesan is really nice on top, and this recipe is really easy!