Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Low-Fat Cold Cucumber Soup

This easy to make summer soup is so refreshing one almost needs no air conditioning!

1 32 oz. carton non-fat plain yogurt
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 tsp dill weed
2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded & chopped large (keep 1/2 cup aside)
Kosher salt to taste

In a food processor or blender, blend all ingredients (except 1/2 cup cucumber) until smooth. Stir the remaining cucumber into the soup. Pour into a storage dish and chill for a couple of hours.  Garnish with a sprig of dill and serve.