Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Ceasar Salad

Must love garlic...I've had only one Ceasar salad in my lifetime that was slightly better than this one, and that was at a fancy restaurant in DC. Oh, if you think you don't like anchovies this recipe may change your mind. It changed mine.

At least 4 medium to large cloves of garlic, finely chopped (you want it to bite)
1 teaspoon salt
9 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium egg yolks
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon anchovy paste (look for those little tubes in the grocery store)

Mix thoroughly. Add to romaine lettuce, croutons, and grated Parmesan cheese, and serve.