Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

4-Ingredient Sugar Cookies (5 if you use sprinkles)

This recipe makes a very good sugar cookie. I mean super good. Probably the best I've ever had. I try to give most away as soon as possible to get them out of the house. They are light and crispy and hugely delicious. I think the good quality vanilla is part of the secret. I recently splurged on a bottle of Vain vanilla from the local cooking store and the bottle even has vanilla beans in it.

This recipe makes about 4 dozen cookies and you can freeze them. Be warned, they are hard to stop eating. 

1 cup salted butter at room temp
1 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar + 1/4 cup for rolling
1 teaspoon Vain vanilla
Sprinkles are optional

Heat oven to 325. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. 

With an electric handheld mixer in a medium bowl, mix together butter and 2/3 cup sugar until combined. Add flour and mix well. Blend in the vanilla.

Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Roll them in the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Put on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Press the balls down with a glass or measuring cup to flatten. If using sprinkles add them now and lightly press down again. The dough should be about 1/4 inch thick.

Bake for 15-16 minutes or until they are slightly golden brown around the bottom and edges of the cookie. Remove from the oven and let them sit on the baking sheet for 15 minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.