Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Blogging Fun

I am having a lot of fun with my blog! It is a wonderful way to express myself creatively. I'm also realizing it's a good way to gain or refresh skills in website development, marketing, and writing HTML code. Knowing HTML code isn't a requirement of maintaining my blog but it might make things easier down the road. (Didn't want to scare you if you are thinking of starting a website/blog.) I am starting to add photos to some of the recipes. Today I added that beautiful photo of the cilantro slaw and my fave peach smoothie. I was thrilled to see that I now have 3 followers. More, more! Happy 4th of July one day early!