Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Frozen Fruit Granita

This refreshing summer dessert recipe barely qualifies as a recipe with only two ingredients. I made a raspberry granita yesterday with the most delicious raspberries I have had all season. Around here, the farmer's markets are showcasing the beautiful in season fruit so the granita possibilities are endless.

Combine 1 lb. of your favorite in season fruit with 1/4 cup of sugar (it seems the sugar possibilities are also endless these days). Puree in a blender or food processor until smooth; taste it and adjust the sugar if needed. Pour mixture into shallow pan and put it in the freezer. After 30 minutes, use a fork to scrape the slush into the middle, breaking up any ice crystals. Continue scraping and breaking up the ice crystals every 30 minutes for 2-3 hours. Granitas look nice served in a martini glass as opposed to say, a coffee cup.