Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Simple Marinade for Grilled Fish

Eat more fish.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 1/2 lbs fish fillets

Put the fish in a 13" x 9" glass baking dish. Mix the first 4 ingredients and pour over the fish. Cover and refrigerate for one hour. Remove the fish and save the marinade. Grill fish about 4 inches from medium coals, turning once and basting occasionally with reserved marinade, 12-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.