Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

How I Became a Foodie

I'm not exactly sure how I became a "foodie", but here is a bit of lizzycooks history. I remember my Dad making all sorts of things when I was very young. My earliest memory of him cooking was pouring what looked like chocolate milk into ice cube trays and freezing it. He made Chinese food, guacamole (exotic!), and killer ice cream sundaes. He was and is a major influence on my love of and interest in food. I'll be posting a few of his many recipes from his large collection. Another primary influence for me was cooking shows. I began watching cooking shows on a regular basis in the early 1980's when I was in college. Nathalie Dupree, Justin Wilson, Jeff Smith, Emeril Lagasse, and more. I've now been watching cooking programs for years and have learned many interesting things. I'm not sure what my first cookbook purchase was but stay tuned for a post about my cookbook collection. Watching cooking is somehow comforting to me and a way I relax. I think food is art.

Enjoy your food!