Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Easy Irish Soda Bread

EASY means there is NO kneading required. That's my kind of bread. The buttermilk give this slightly sweet bread that nice little tang, with the added olfactory benefit of your house smelling wonderful.

Ingredients:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup raisins

Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Blend the egg and buttermilk together and add it to the flour mixture. Mix just until moistened. Stir in butter and raisins. Pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan. Bake at 325 for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack and wrap in foil for several hours or overnight. The bread tastes even better after it sits for a few hours.