Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Fresh Blueberry-Almond Smoothie


I picked ten pounds of these blueberries yesterday and now have big bags of them in my freezer. 

This is an easy to make and healthy blueberry smoothie, and a great start to your day. You could use other berries too. The blueberries are frozen when added to the blender so they double as ice cubes. The almond extract adds a nice undercurrent. 

Blend these ingredients in your favorite blender until smooth:

2/3 cup fresh frozen blueberries
1 cup vanilla non-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
2-4 drops almond extract