Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Cold English Cucumber Soup


Quick & easy summer soup recipe! This cold soup is perfect for those summer days when it's too hot for the oven. This soup is delicious, full of flavor, and refreshing. It's like a taste of summertime...

Ingredients:
4 cups low-fat plain yogurt                                     
1 cup light sour cream                   
1 English cucumber, ends trimmed off & cut into 2" chunks
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 tsp dill weed 
1/2-1 tsp Kosher salt

Zap everything in blender until smooth. Chill for a couple of hours. Stir again before serving. 
Makes ~ 6 cups.