Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Dad's Christmas Cheese Ball

This cheese ball recipe was given to my Dad by his mother-in-law in North Carolina, and it has been enjoyed at Christmastime for many years. Each year, my Dad makes 20-30 cheese balls and gives them to his (very lucky) friends. My personal preference would be to substitute garlic powder for the curry powder (sorry, Dad!). 

2 8-oz packages cream cheese
4 oz blue cheese
4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, diced
¼ teaspoon curry powder 
1 tsp paprika
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 c pecans, chopped fine

Allow cheeses to soften at room temperature. Combine all ingredients (except pecans) in a food processor. Blend well. Chill for 30 minutes. Roll into two balls. Cover balls with chopped pecans. Chill for at least 30 minutes. 

Remove the cheese balls from the fridge and let soften a bit. Grab a knife and your favorite crackers.