Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon

Remember my previous posts where I told you how good veggies are when they are roasted in the oven? Roasting brings out their natural sugars and you get that lovely carmelization action going on. This is an easy and quick recipe for the next time you're craving the little green sprout.

1 pound Brussels sprouts, rinsed, trimmed and halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 oz. bacon, diced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper

Heat oven to 450. Toss all ingredients together in a baking dish. Roast until the sprouts are tender, about 20 minutes.  
Balsamic syrup would make a wonderful topping after the sprouts come out of the oven...enjoy.