Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Baked Mini Meatballs with Feta Cheese

I felt like making meatballs recently so I looked up a few recipes, modified them, added my own touches, and came up with the recipe below. Since lean ground beef is used (90/10 or 85/15) make sure you don't over cook them or they will be dry. This recipes makes about 36 2" meatballs so if that's too many, you can freeze them. You can easily double the recipe if you need a larger quantity. Enjoy!

Baked Mini Meatballs with Feta Cheese

1 pound lean ground beef

1 egg

1/8 cup sweet onion, minced

3 cloves garlic, minced

1/3 cup feta cheese

1/3 cup bread crumbs

1/4 cup milk

1 teaspoon onion powder

1/8 teaspoon kosher salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 400. Coat a cookie sheet with baking spray. Mix all ingredients until well blended. Shape beef mixture into 2" meatballs and place on cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes. Sprinkle with kosher salt (I always use kosher but you can use whatever you'd like. I think kosher brings out the flavor of food better.)