Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Italian Roast Pork & Rosemary Potatoes

Fresh rosemary goes so well with pork and potatoes and this fabulous recipe calls for all three. I always have a rosemary plant growing in a pot on my deck so I can snip a bit as needed. The wonderful taste of rosemary comes sailing through in this delectible roast pork and potato dish. This is another dish that smells just like Sunday dinner!

Ingredients:
2-3 pound pork loin 
1 large yellow onion
1 pound of small red potatoes, cut in half
5 cloves garlic
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp freshly ground rosemary
1 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine

Preheat oven to 350.

Rub the pork roast with garlic, thyme, oregano and 1 teaspoon of the ground rosemary. Drizzle some of the olive oil on the roast and rub to coat.

Place pork into a roasting pan with a rack at the bottom. Place potatoes around the roast and sprinkle with the remaining rosemary. Add onions, remaining olive oil, salt, pepper and white wine.

Place in 350 degree oven covered for about 45 minutes. Uncover and roast for about another 30 minutes.

This recipe is from one of my favorite websites: http://www.great-chicago-italian-recipes.com