Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Prosciutto Crisps with Goat Cheese

Two ingredients: goat cheese & prosciutto. Awesome flavor in this little treat. What is prosciutto you ask? It is the Italian word for ham which is dry-cured. Prosciutto is simply delicious on sandwiches, wrapped around cantalope slices, and you can bake or broil it as well. I was having dinner at a friend's recently and to my delight was given a yummy little appetizer of prosciutto-wrapped dates. They were baked in the oven until the prosciutto was a bit crispy and they were to die for! After that, I felt compelled to come up with a prosciutto treat.

Ingredients:
1/4 lb. thinly sliced prosciutto
4 oz. goat cheese (I used peppadew, a new find I'm very happy about)

Take the goat cheese out of the fridge ahead of time. Broil the prosciutto slices in a baking pan lined with foil for 2-3 minutes on each side. My pan was about 6" from the broiler. Watch it carefully because it can burn since it's so thin. Remove from pan and place on a plate to let cool and crisp up. Spread each piece with goat cheese.  Voila! You have a nice little appetizer to take next door and share with your neighbors.