Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Instant Chocolate Cake in a Mug

It worked! I found this recipe in a magazine and I just had to see how it turned out. Not the best photo but it was delicious, just like regular cake.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup flour
5 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
dash vanilla extract
dash salt

Whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Pour mixture into a large, microwave safe mug and cook for a few minutes in the microwave until it puffs up (it will then go back down). Wait until for 2 minutes. Voila! You have a mini chocolate cake in a mug. Grab the frosting and a candle.