Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Pico de Gallo

This salsa tastes so fresh and is packed with flavor. You can mix pico de gallo with mashed avocados to make guacamole, spoon it over fish or chicken before baking, or use it as a salsa for tortilla chips. Isn't it beautiful? 

3 large roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 white onion, chopped
1/2 large (5") jalapeno, seeded and minced
1/8 cup lime juice
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon (maybe more) Kosher salt

Mix everything in a medium bowl and refrigerate to chill if using as salsa.