Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Crunchy Avocado Chicken Salad

Do you ever get on a food kick where you crave the same thing for a few weeks? In college it was often tuna cheesies. You know, English muffin halves topped with tuna salad and melted cheese. Lately...my food kick is this salad. I saw recipes for avocado chicken salad and another for avocado & grilled corn salad. I looked at all of the recipes, chose a few ingredients from each one, and added a few of my own. The result was this crunchy avocado chicken salad.

2 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup red onion, diced small (1/4") 
1/2 cup celery, diced medium (1/2")
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
Juice of 2 limes
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
Kosher salt
Garlic powder
Onion powder
2 avocados (not too ripe-not too firm), cut into 1" cubes

Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl, except the avocados. Gently stir in the avocados and cover. Put the salad in the fridge for at least 1 hour so the flavors can blend.