Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Stuffed Pepper Soup

What's even better than baked stuffed green peppers? This soup! Perfect for those of you who like a thick, hearty, soup involving no onions or garlic--like my friend Mike who generously shared this recipe and photo. I'll be shaking a lot of Tabasco over my bowl.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
4 cups water
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 1/2-2 cups cooked long grain rice
1 cup chopped green pepper
1/8 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules

In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until peppers are tender.