Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Quick Hummus

Lemony and nutty. Light, but hearty. That's how this hummus tastes. Makes about 2 cups. 

1 can of garbanzo beans, drained
1/4 cup tahini
2 cloves garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
Kosher salt to taste

Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Put in the fridge for a couple of hours so the flavors can blend.

I serve this with carrots, celery, bell peppers, radishes, and toasted whole wheat pita bread triangles. 
Sandwich idea: spread hummus on toasted pita bread and sprinkle with feta cheese and sesame oil.