Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Limoncello Champagne Cocktails

This recipe is from my Dad's files and it has become my favorite cocktail of late. Delicious and refreshing. You could use sparkling wine if you can't get champagne. For a fancy sugared rim, rub the rims of the glasses with a slice of lemon and then dip into sugar. Cheers!

8 strips of lemon peel (3" x ½")
8 tablespoons Limoncello
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1 bottle brut champagne

Roll up the lemon peel strips and place each in a champagne flute. Add 1 tablespoon Limoncello and ½ tsp lemon juice to each glass. Divide the champagne evenly among the glasses and serve.