Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Fresh Corn & Tomato Salsa

This salsa tastes like summer. The lime juice is wonderful and brings together these fresh ingredients into a delicious salsa. I used a homegrown jalapeno which is always fun to do. The salsa is jam packed with flavor, crunch, and goes very well with tortilla chips! Cheers!

1 cup fresh yellow sweet corn (cut off the cob)
2 roma tomatoes
1 small jalapeno
1/4 cup cilantro
1/8 cup red onion
2 cloves garlic
Juice of 1/2 lime
Kosher salt

Chop the tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, onion, and garlic. Add to corn in a medium bowl. Add lime juice and salt. Stir and put in the fridge for a bit to chill.