Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Olives -- I Don't Get It

No recipe here.  Just a few thoughts on the mystery olive.  I do not like olives....at all. I just don't get olives.  What are they?  Fruit?  Vegetable?  I like the things they put inside of olives like blue cheese and garlic, but what's up with these little round things?  Black, green, what's the difference?  My sister loves olives and used to put a black olive on the end of each finger and come at me.  Then there's the time she ate an entire can of black olives while no one was watching.  I have a friend who is frustrated to no end about my lack of love for olives.  Drives him crazy!  He likes those Kalamata olives.  Now I've typed the word olives so many times it doesn't even look like a word.  What's the big deal about olives, anyway?!