Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Chilled Asparagus with Garlic Aioli

Asparagus is great as a chilled side dish or appetizer. I had to put something together quickly for a party recently and made this in about 20 minutes. The aioli is so delicious as a dip for the chilled asparagus...along with many other things!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup light mayonaise
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch of asparagus

Mix mayo and garlic. Chill to blend flavors for about 30 minutes.

Cut 2-3" off the bottom of the asparagus bunch and rinse well. Put into a pot of boiling water for about 3 minutes. Asparagus will be a bright green after boiling. Drain asparagus and immediately submerge into a bowl of cold ice water. Chill in the fridge for about and hour. Serve with aioli. Crunch, crunch.