Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Lemon Pasta Salad

I love all things lemon.  This recipe from the Neely's originally called for asparagus and regular peas, but I modified the ingredients a bit to get it how I like it, and of course, you can do the same.  This is a great salad to take to a summer pot luck or picnic.

1 pound corkscrew pasta
3 bell peppers, rough chopped
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
Salt
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup freshly chopped dill leaves
8 ounces crumbled feta cheese

Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water.

Whisk together the mustard, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Add the tomatoes, dill, peppers, feta, and the mustard dressing. Toss with tongs to coat the salad well. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, if needed.