Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Spinach Salad

I quickly threw this salad together recently and wanted to share it with you because it's:  good for you, easy, includes good cheese, has lovely color, you don't need to turn on the oven if it's hot where you are.

Ingredients:
8 oz. fresh spinach
1/4 of a small red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup dried cranberries
4 tablespoons walnuts, rough chopped

After washing and drying off, tear spinach into small pieces. Grab a bowl for the spinach and throw in the remaining ingredients. Add your favorite homemade salad dressing and you're good to go.