Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Italian Quiche

I am calling this recipe Italian Quiche because it includes proscuitto and two types of  cheese-- parmesan and mozzarella. You'll need a 9" deep dish pie crust. You can make one from scratch or you can use a refrigerated or frozen one. This is a fast recipe that can easily be put together and you get a lot of bang for your buck. The quiche ingredients can be changed to suit your own tastes. I've seen recipes for crustless quiche as well. Today, I used what I had in the house. This quiche is good hot or cold, and makes a great breakfast, lunch, dinner, or midnight snack.


Ingredients:
6 eggs
3/4 cup fat-free milk
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
4 thin slices proscuitto, torn into bite-sized pieces
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
Dash of red pepper flakes

Heat oven to 350. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl, then add the milk and whisk again. Add the cheeses, proscuitto, and all of the remaining ingredients, making sure the egg mixture is well blended. Place your crust into a 9"glass pie dish and pour mixture into the pie crust. Put the pie on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper and bake for 45-50 minutes. Slice and serve. 

Quiche goes well with cantelope and other fresh fruit. Store any leftovers in the fridge or freeze them.