Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Cheese Grits

I truly enjoy all of the regional variations in food. For example, grits. Typically seen on menus in the South. This recipe for grits is from a fellow foodie living in the South, who reports the dish to be "quite good". Top your grits with this BBQ Shrimp.

Ingredients:
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 cup quick-cooking grits (not instant)
4 oz Gouda cheese, shredded
1 tbsp butter

In a medium sauce pan, combine the broth, milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and slowly add the grits. Lower to simmer, cover, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and add the cheese and butter. Stir to mix. Serve in large bowls.