Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Cheesy Roasted Broccoli with Panko

This delicious broccoli dish can be a side dish or a meal. 

2 cups broccoli, cut into 2" pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt

1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon olive oil
ground black pepper to taste
red pepper flakes to taste

Heat the oven to 450. Place broccoli on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Coat broccoli with 2 tablespoons olive oil and salt to taste. Mix the bread crumbs, cheese olive oil, pepper, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Roast broccoli at 450 for 15 minutes. Sprinkle Panko mixture over broccoli and roast for 15 more minutes.