Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

lizzycooks Greek Pasta Salad

I invented this salad when I was in grad school. A little pasta goes a long way, and this recipe makes a large amount, about 7 cups. Sometimes I add red onion; there are many different ingredients you can add. You can also use different types of pasta for this cold pasta dish. 

1/2 box bow tie pasta
8 oz. feta cheese
1 red bell pepper, chopped 
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil 
Kosher salt 

Cook and drain the pasta. Rinse with cold water and let drain again. If the phone rings and you don't get back to the pasta fairly soon, it will all be stuck together. Stay focused. (:

Put the cooked pasta into a large bowl. Crumble the feta over the pasta and add the bell pepper. Give it a mix. Add red wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Mix again and put in the fridge for a couple of hours so the flavors can blend. Goes great with fresh bread, sandwiches, or as a meal itself.