Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Pumpkin-Cheese Bread (Makes 2 Loaves)

I've been making this bread every holiday season for many years. It's moist and delicious, and the flavors of pumpkin, clove, and cinnamon give it that autumn/holiday season taste. Another great thing about this recipe is that it makes two 9 x 5 loaves. This post is dedicated to a nice young lady I met yesterday who loves anything pumpkin!

2 ½ cups sugar
1 8 oz package cream cheese (you can use low-fat)
½ cup margarine
4 eggs
1 16 oz can pumpkin
3 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup chopped walnuts

Combine sugar, softened cream cheese, and margarine, mixing until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in pumpkin. Add combined dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Fold in nuts.

Pour into two greased and floured 9"x 5” loaf pans. Bake at 350, 1 hour and 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.