Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Lemon Sauce for Bread Pudding

This lemon sauce recipe is from cooks.com and is just one of many different types of luscious sauces you could drizzle over your homemade bread pudding. I can think of many other things this sauce would go well with too...

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar (or Splenda Blend)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups water
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon (~ 2 1/2 tablespoons)
2 tablespoons butter

Blend the sugar, cornstarch and water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 2-3 minutes until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat and add lemon zest, lemon juice and butter. Serve the warm lemon sauce over bread pudding or whatever you'd like.