Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Cucumbers in Sour Cream & Dill

Don't you just love it when you look at a recipe and discover you have all of the ingredients? I decided to make this cucumber dish tomorrow. I think different types of vinegar would work--one of my favorites (aside from balsamic) is apple cider vinegar, and it's wonderful drizzled on top of a bowl of chili.

Ingredients:
2 to 3 cucumbers, thinly sliced
1/3 cup light or fat-free sour cream
1 tablespoon vinegar
Pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill

Arrange cucumber slices in a serving bowl, sprinkling layers with salt. Place a saucer or other weight on cucumbers to weigh down. Cover and let stand for several hours. Pour off cucumber juices. Combine sour cream, vinegar, pepper to taste, and chopped dill; add to cucumbers.