Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Low-Fat Tzatziki

Tzatziki is the lovely and refreshing cucumber and yogurt sauce you find on top of gyros sandwiches. It's also great as a dip with pita bread and veggies. 

2 cups plain, non-fat yogurt 
1 large garlic clove, mashed to a paste with ½ tsp salt

2 medium cucumbers, grated and drained
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Kosher salt, to taste

Use a small plate to "paste" the garlic and salt with a fork. Combine all ingredients and chill for at least an hour before wowing everyone with your delicious tzatziki.