Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Glistening Sweets-Sauteed Red Bell Peppers & Onions

Colorful sweet bell peppers are a beauty of nature. I wanted to create something as soon as I got home from the farmer's market. I sliced two large red bell peppers and one sweet Vidalia onion. I then sauteed them in a skillet over medium-high heat, with a tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil. I tossed them for 10 or so minutes and sprinkled with a bit of Kosher salt. Not only did the house smell wonderful, but I now have a delicious mixture I can add to a sandwich, mix with pasta, or serve cold in a salad with feta cheese.