Recipes and cooking commentary with a touch of humor.

Welcome to lizzycooks!

I love to cook. I collect recipes and cookbooks, enjoy food photography, and adore trying new restaurants. All of this food love inspired me to start this blog where I share my favorite recipes, cooking tips, and other fun stuff. Enjoy your food!

Coffee Thoughts

I look forward to drinking a couple of cups of coffee each morning. I drink hazelnut or french vanilla but enjoy other types. I often grind the beans but also buy pre-ground. This morning I have some questions and comments about coffee.

How long has coffee been our morning beverage of choice and why? I've seen cowboy movies that show coffee being made over the campfire. I fondly remember my grandparents at the kitchen table (at some god awful early hour of the morning) drinking their morning beverage of choice and the smell of the coffee was wonderful. I don't remember if I also liked the smell of the cigarette smoke as well but I digress...

Notice I said morning beverage of choice. Coffee is for the morning, not the entire day and night! Have you ever been around someone who drinks coffee all day?

Why decaf? I just don't get it. Does that mean I drink coffee for the caffeine? Yes!

Enjoy your brew.